PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN
while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Sponsorship & Flagship Chair plays a critical role in the financial success of PurpleStride. This position is focused on
corporate engagement in the local community through two key programs; sponsorship and flagship.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee chairs to determine event revenue goal.
* Recruit and manage sponsorship & flagship committee members.
* Prospect, solicit and steward prospective and existing corporate and community partners.
* Cultivate relationships with local corporations and systems for sponsorship and/or flagship proposals.
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge of organizational messages to accurately represent the organization
and affiliate to corporate and community partners
* Ensure all sponsors create a team for PurpleStride
* Keep prospects and relationships apprised of organizational news and ensure year-round stewardship
* Secure renewed pledges of past supporters.
* Ensure agreements are signed and submitted to PanCAN for benefit implementation.
* Work with other planning committee chairs to develop a list of needs for event day activities to ensure
top notch customer service. For example:
o Logistical needs for flagship teams and sponsors
o Appreciation and recognition for flagship teams and sponsors
* Maintain a prospect pipeline and track activity regularly
* Connect the dots on potential higher-level sponsor opportunities (Nationwide or outside of PurpleStride)
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
* Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
* Respond to inquiries within two business days.
Position Title: Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
Position Type: Committee Chair (PurpleStride Planning Committee)
Time Frame: Two Years
* All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer
leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment
to the PanCAN mission.
* Business savvy
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to build relationships with executives and leaders within the corporate or community setting
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Willingness to publicly speak or give presentations
* Strong leader, communicator and motivator
* A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
* Excellent organizational skills
* Knowledge of community
* Strong time management
* Conflict management and resolution
* Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
* Sponsorship & Flagship Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
* Webinars throughout the year
* Inside Track e-newsletter
* PurpleStride Chair
* PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
o Team & Individual Development Chair
o Logistics Chair
o Media Chair
o Event Experience Chair
o Event Day Volunteer Chair
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment