Pancreatic Cancer Action Network PurpleStride Chair
PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
The PurpleStride Chair (PSC) recruits and works with a planning committee in collaboration with staff partner to lead the coordination and production of PanCAN’s signature walk/run fundraising event, PurpleStride. The PSC facilitates the planning and execution of fundraising, sponsorship, logistics, marketing and program as it relates to PurpleStride to ensure a successful event. PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee all aspects of the PurpleStride event including revenue, budget, logistics and event experience.
- Actively recruit and retain PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs.
- Knowledgeable in committee responsibilities and ensure committee is properly trained.
- Communicate regularly with planning committee and staff partner
- Partner with planning committee and staff partner to determine event goals and benchmarks.
- Organize and facilitate regular PurpleStride planning meetings to ensure initiatives and tasks are on target.
- Mentor and support all planning committee chairs to ensure success. Examples include:
- Team & Individual Development Chair: work closely in planning kickoff meeting and to steward team captain’s year-round.
- Logistics Committee Chair: Partner to research and secure location and date of event, secure permits and vendors.
- Sponsorship Committee Chair: work closely to help steward sponsors year-round.
- Hold and facilitate debriefing/wrap up meeting with planning committee members.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Affiliate Chair and staff partner.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Committee Chairs.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Effective delegation and management of a committee
- Strong personal and professional network
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience facilitating meetings and/or trainings
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
Staff & Volunteer Partners
- PanCAN volunteer onboarding and role specific training
- PurpleStride Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
- Webinars throughout the year
- Inside Track e-newsletter - distributed to all leadership roles
- National Leadership Training - in person training over 3 days
- PanCAN Staff Partner - Community Relationship Manager
- PurpleStride Planning Committee Volunteers
- Team & Individual Development Chair
- Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
- Logistics Chair
- Event Experience Chair
- Event Day Volunteer Chair
About PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
1500 ROSECRANS AVE STE 200, MANHATTAN BCH, CA 90266, US
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Founded in 1999, the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's national office is in Manhattan Beach, California, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, and volunteer leadership in more than 90 communities around the country.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, our community network is the driving force behind progress. Join thousands of volunteers, survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers and donors who are making a difference in the pancreatic cancer community. Get involved today!