Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Network November Awareness Chair
PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month and the third Thursday of November is World Pancreatic Cancer Day (WPCD). The November Awareness Chair coordinates the annual November Awareness campaign, including WPCD activities, among volunteers in their community to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer and PanCAN. The Chair will be provided with a playbook each year that includes specific actions, messages and opportunities that community members and organizations can take to participate in the campaign and amplify our message. To be successful, the Chair will work through volunteers who have existing community relationships to maximize campaign impact to secure awareness opportunities throughout the campaign.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead your local November Awareness campaign:
- Develop your local November Awareness strategy and plan (including WPCD) in collaboration with your team based playbook for that year, your Affiliate strategy and the relationships your team holds with the community.
- Ensure the right people are involved in planning, decision-making and outreach, notably the Mission Chair, Advocacy Chair, Communications Chair, Marketing Chair, Outreach Chair, Sponsorship & Flagship Chair, and Team & Individual Development Chair.
- Coordinate implementation of your local November Awareness campaign with your team.
- Support your peers in implementing the campaign through their existing relationships, including:
- Identifying local organizations for engagement, stewardship and outreach
- Making the ask to participate
- Sharing campaign materials
- Completing tracking and reporting processes
- Following up with campaign partners before, during and after November
- Recognize and celebrate volunteer and community efforts for November Awareness.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Mission Chair
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills
- Respond to inquiries within two business days
- All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Effective networking skills and strong community relationships
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- Project Management
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Engaging presenter & public speaker
- Knowledge of community
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
Staff & Volunteer Partners
- PanCAN volunteer onboarding and role specific training
- November Awareness Chair Guide and access to resources via online platform
- Webinars as needed
- Inside Track e-newsletter - distributed to all leadership roles
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- PanCAN Staff Partner - Community Relationship Manager
- Mission Chair
PanCAN's vision is to create a world in which all patients with pancreatic cancer will thrive. Our mission is to take bold action to improve the lives of everyone impacted by pancreatic cancer by advancing scientific research, building community, sharing knowledge, and advocating for patients.
About PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
1500 ROSECRANS AVE STE 200, MANHATTAN BCH, CA 90266, US
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Founded in 1999, the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's national office is in Manhattan Beach, California, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, and volunteer leadership in more than 90 communities around the country.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, our community network is the driving force behind progress. Join thousands of volunteers, survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers and donors who are making a difference in the pancreatic cancer community. Get involved today!