Gallery Monitor / Docent
16 people are interested
Our gallery monitors make our organization run smoothly on a daily basis. These are the individuals who have a general knowledge base of our mission and our programming at 701 CCA. Most importantly, they interact with gallery visitors and make sure they walk away with a positive experience and an intention to return. Here’s a little more information about what our gallery monitors do:
● Open the gallery at the beginning of the day and/or lock and secure it at the end of the day. Opening and closing procedures will vary with each exhibition.
● Greet visitors at the gallery entrance and obtain zip code information.
● Provide information about the current exhibition on view and answer any questions the visitors may have.
● Encourage visitors to become members at 701 CCA and explain various membership offerings to them.
Gallery monitors are welcome to bring a book or their laptop to read or work while watching the gallery.
About 701 Center for Contemporary Art
701 Whaley Street, Columbia, SC 29201, US
701 CCA promotes understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of contemporary art, the creative process and the role of art and artists in the community. The center also encourages interaction between visual arts and other art forms.
701 Center for Contemporary Art in Columbia is South Carolina's newest art destination for artists and art lovers alike.
701 CCA offers:
• Exhibitions with a regional, national or international scope in the center's 2,500 square- foot gallery
• An artist-in-residence program in a 1,200- square-foot live/work unit, where artists can concentrate fully on creating art during six, ten or twelve-week residencies
• The 701 CCA Plus program at the gallery, in between exhibitions, for performing, literary and media arts
• Educational programs for adults and children, including workshops, lectures, open studios, panel discussions, group tours, school presentations , etc.
Located in the former community center in Olympia, an historic mill village, all exhibitions and residencies during 701 CCA's inaugural year will engage the legacy and materials of the textile industry, mill villages and mill workers.
We'll work with your schedule.
701 Whaley Street2nd floorColumbia, SC 29201
- Office Reception
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18