Virtual Reality Operator at the National Aviary
6 people are interested
Virtual Reality Operator Volunteer Position
A VR Operator is a front-line attendant to National Aviary’s flight simulation experience, Birdly. The VR Operator assists guests onto/off the machine and through the Birdly experience, start to finish. The primary goal is helping guests to have the safest and most enjoyable flight possible.
This Position is ongoing.
Days Needed: All
Number of Hours needed: 6 Hour per month minimum
Specific Time/Shift Requirements: 2 - 7 hours per day during our open hours (10:00 AM - 5:00 PM), occasional evening hours available.
- Provide high quality visitor engagement and guest hospitality.
- Operate and facilitate guest interactions with Birdly, the National Aviary’s flight simulation experience.
- Volunteers complete on-the-job training..
- Commit to a schedule one month in advance.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Submit an online application.
- Participate in a 20-30 minute interview.
- Have a clear criminal background check and child abuse history.
- Submit for FBI fingerprinting or sign waiver if eligible.
- Have reliable and convenient internet access.
- Attend new Volunteer Orientation.
- Attend Saturday monthly volunteer meetings whenever possible.
- Commit to a minimum of six (6) hours per month.
We'll work with your schedule.
Allegheny Commons WestPittsburgh, PA 15212
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours monthly