Lucy Anne's Place, a Benevilla location that provides care for people with early to moderate stages of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch and snacks to our members.
Kitchen Assistants set up and clear tables, take and record food temperatures, maintain inventory and reports on needed items, prepare coffee, tea and juice, assist with after-service clean up such as labeling and dating leftover containers, loading dishwasher, putting clean dishes away.
Kitchen Assistants also help monitor members choices, and insure compliance with therapeutic or restricted diets,
Assistants may also help with snack preparation done by members as therapeutic activity.
Requirements for the position:
a warm, caring attitude
good communication skills
Food Handlers Certificate
negative TB test (can be provided by Benevilla)
must be able to stand for prolonged periods, bend or kneel, carry hot beverages
Attendance at Benevilla orientation, signed Oath of Confidentiality, and Volunteer Code of Ethics are required and provided.
Hours are 10am - 2pm
We have opportunities Monday - Friday
- Elder care
- Food & Beverage Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months 2-4 hours per week
- Volunteer Activity Partner for...
- Spanish Bi-Lingual Volunteers...
- Marketing Department...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Visitors
- Intergenerational Project...
- Home Delivered Meals Services...
- Volunteer Hostess at Birt's Bistro
- Volunteer Boutique Assistant
- Single Day Opportunities
- Volunteer Office Assistants
- Home Delivered Meals Volunteer...
- Volunteer Home Services Provider
- Kitchen Helper Volunteer