Fiver Children's Foundation is searching for a Development and Marketing Volunteer who will assist with our fundraising activities and events, volunteer committees, and preparation for Fiver's annual gala in May. This positions is excellent for anyone interested in building nonprofit development and public relations skills. The Development and Marketing Volunteer will work closely with Fiver Director and Manager of Development and Marketing.
- Conduct and collate research on prospective individual donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations whose objectives and/or brand assets align with Fiver’s mission.
- Data entry in general and donor databases, process incoming donations, and draft thank you letters.
- Conduct periodic donor and general database maintenance, ensuring congruence between our paper and electronic development files.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Fiver’s largest fundraising event of the year, the Fiver Benefit
- Any other tasks or projects, as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Acts in professional polite manner in dealing with colleagues, donors, vendors, and youth participants.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Should be able to work at least 8 hours per week.
- Data Entry
- Child Development
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week