Events Team Leader
We Make Change gives you the power to change the world.
Our platform enables anyone, anywhere to use their skills to make the change they want to see.
We connect purpose-driven individuals with high-impact NGOs to develop projects supporting the causes they care about.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world. By becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen!
We’re looking for an Events Team Leader that can develop fun, interesting and engaging events that inspire and enable people to make the change they want to see.
The goal is to grow and engage the audiences of NGOs and communities through events that empower more people to take action to change the world. This role will involve overseeing the planning and running of events.
- Managing a volunteer Events Team.
- Exploring and proposing original ideas for events.
- Agreeing budgets and timescales for events.
- Researching venues, contacts and suppliers.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors.
- Booking venues, entertainment, equipment and supplies.
- Publicising the event.
- Making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
- Ensuring that health, safety and insurance regulations are followed.
- Managing a team of volunteers.
- Experience in organising events is desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time.
- Good communication and people skills.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills.
- Budget awareness.
The time commitment can be as little as 8 hours per week or as much as you would like to offer, depending on your availability.
The majority of events will be taking place in London, so it will be necessary for applicants to be able to travel to London when required.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Program Management
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- The time commitment can be 8 hours per week
- Marketing Executive
- Chief Operating Officer
- HR Manager
- Project Manager- Universities
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- Graphic Designer
- Head of Finance
- Project Manager- Blog
- Salesforce Administrator
- Bid Writer
- .NET Web Developer
- Community Manager
- Data Analyst
- Java Web Developer
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador