We need volunteers to help us with our annual Back 2 School Kickoff Event at Galleria Marchetti (825 W. Erie Street). This event will feature a VIP reception, cocktail hour and silent auction from 5:00pm-7:00pm in the La Sala Perugina and La Pergola (Front and side rooms), and then all guests will move to the main room for dinner, entertainment, and college scholarship presentation.
We need volunteers for each time slot listed below. If you are available before 2pm to help us organize our materials, then please specify in your email. The venue is open to us at 2pm, which gives us slightly more than three hours to ready the venue space. To become a volunteer, email our Events Coordinator at SpencerPost@b2si.org. Please provide your name, phone number, and the time you wish to volunteer. Below is a list of volunteer times that will be assigned. If you have a job preference, or have worked our Kickoff Event before, please let us know in your email.
Dinner will be provided for all volunteers, except those who leave at 5pm. Business attired is required.
2:00pm - 5:00pm (For any volunteers that wish to help before the festivities are underway)
- Hang signage and decorations
- Set up guest check-in and B2SI information table
- Put together VIP gift bags
- Set up silent auction tables
- Organize tables/chairs in front rooms (VIP reception/cocktail hour/silent auction)
- Place centerpieces, donation cards and program books on each dining table
3:00pm - 9:15pm
- All the tasks listed above as well as....
- Guest check-in
- Monitor silent auction
- Assist AV technician (Will need only one person with AV experience)
- Provide guests with info on B2SI at information table
4:30pm - 9:15pm (For volunteers that are unable to leave work early)
- Monitor five different stations
- Collect donation/ask cards and pens from guests
- Pass out Thank You cards
- Check out of silent auction
- Pack/load B2SI materials
- Fill in where help is needed
For any additional information on this event, visit our website at www.b2si.org or email Spencer Post, our Events Coordinator, SpencerPost@b2si.org
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18