- Special programs and events (check-in, information table, ushers)
- Visiting concierge desks at Manhattan hotels with promotional materials
- Visiting Upper West Side businesses with promotional materials
The New-York Historical Society has excellent volunteer opportunities available for people who like to work with the public and are passionate about the study of history. These opportunities will allow volunteers to play an integral role in producing innovative audience development programs and/or promotion of exhibitions and events at the N-YHS.
The ideal volunteer candidate should:
- Have a friendly and outgoing personality and like working with people
- Be able to work in a crowded environment at events and programs
- Be able to comfortably approach strangers and carry on a conversation
Volunteers must attend two training sessions each year (spring and fall) and will have volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Business attire required for programs and events. We ask that all volunteers commit to one year of service.
- Free admission to the New-York Historical Society
- Free admission to participating museums in NYC
- 20% discount in the N-YHS Museum Store
- 20% discount in Storico and Parliament (restaurants at the N-YHS)
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Availability (days, evenings, weekends)
- Preference (programs, hotel visits, local business visits)
- A few sentences about why you want to volunteer at the New-York Historical Society
About the New-York Historical Society
The New-York Historical Society is one of America’s pre-eminent cultural institutions and dedicated to fostering research and presenting history and art exhibitions and public programs that reveal the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, we have a mission to explore the richly layered history of New York City and State and the country, and to serve as a national forum for the discussion of issues surrounding the making and meaning of history.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training