The Social Media Coordinator position is responsible for helping develop and maintaining marketing strategies through social media for the purpose of educating the public on the availability and suitability of Greyhounds as pets.
Responsibilities as the Social Media Coordinator:
- Assist in building this position description.
- Help define and execute a social media strategy for our social media accounts.
- Act as social media administrator across all platforms.
- Provide relevant content while tracking the analytics for success.
- Engage with audience by either responding to inquiries or by seeking help in responding to inquiries.
- Monitor engagement for inappropriate comments or inquiries.
- Check and respond to MoKan e-mail at least once a day.
- Check MoKan’s Facebook page and groups at least once a day.
- Other duties as needed.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media. Including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and Instagram.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Ability to listen, think clearly and creatively, problem solve, work well with people individually and in a group, act as cheerleaders, mentors, and guides to the other volunteers and adopters.
- Develop necessary skills (if you do not already possess them) through continuing education, research, reading, etc. for the purpose of staying up-to-date on industry topics, advancing knowledge on dog-specific topics, learning skills as needed.
- Possess sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for the non-profit’s development and a sense of humor.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment