Women In Comedy is a non profit 501(c)3 headquartered in the comedy mecca of the United States - Chicago, IL. Our organization runs solely on volunteer efforts and donations. We are an inclusive organization providing free and low cost resources to women and girls seeking paid careers in comedy. We are establishing chapters of female comedians in all cities to create the first and only international professional network of comedic women and resources for women working in comedy (or aspiring to!).
ROLE TITLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chapter city Heads of Sponsorships, along with a committee of their peers, is responsible to implement successful live events over the course of one year to bring funny women together in order to empower, connect, and advocate for them.
SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- A Born Leader
- Self motivated
- A Hustler
- Sales Guru
- A People Person
- Expert Relationship Builder
- Expert at Networking
- Highly Organized
- A Go Getter
- Responsible for research and outreach of potential donors/partners for key events
- Responsible for securing donated venues for key events
- Responsible for identifying key resource needs of the chapter and doing cold calls/in person visits to request tax deductible donations for needed resources
- Responsible to source, manage, and track all donations through google drive - keeping a CRM database as well as following up with charitable donation receipts and thank yous
- Responsible to ensure that no cash donations are given and that monetary donations are recorded and paid online or checks by mail
TIME COMMITMENTS & SCHEDULE
This volunteer role consistently contributes 10 hrs per week of volunteer time. This number of hours may fluctuate and be higher the week prior to the live event.
- 2 hrs per week "in person" weekly meetings with your committee
- 8 hrs per week independently completing sponsor outreach, management, and tracking within required deadlines
- Help execute successful events in tandem with headquarters utilizing all Women In Comedy documents, timelines, and assignments.
- File annual report with all donated items and a list of sponsors for thank yous
- Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, and more from headquarters, volunteers, venues etc. (any communications to you in correlation with Women In Comedy). Schedule a time daily to skim texts, voicemails, and emails and respond to anything time sensitive. Put on autoresponders as needed.
- Check your Women In Comedy timelines, documents, and assignments daily for the upcoming event you are working on and complete any necessary tasks.
- Check in with President and VP about progress of tasks.
- Set aside one day per week for working on WIC tasks and responding to emails - communicate this to your team so they know when to contact you.
- Attend weekly in person meetings at the scheduled date/time for your chapter
- Coordinate with your VP and update with completed task items
- Input weekly updates to agenda no later than 2 hours prior to weekly meetings
- Complete tasks on deadlines
- Input donations and send receipts as needed
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment