Women In Comedy is a non profit 501(c)3 headquartered in the comedy mecca of the United States - Chicago, IL. Our organization runs solely on volunteer efforts and donations. We are an inclusive organization providing free and low cost resources to women and girls seeking paid careers in comedy. We are establishing chapters of female comedians in all cities to create the first and only international professional network of comedic women and resources for women working in comedy (or aspiring to!).
ROLE TITLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chapter city Heads of Marketing/Press/Media/PR, along with a committee of their peers, is responsible to implement successful live events over the course of one year to bring funny women together in order to empower, connect, and advocate for them.
SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- A Born Leader
- Great communicator
- Marketing Guru
- Lover of Results/Sales
- Event Marketing Experience
- Press/Media Queen/King
- Self motivated
- A Hustler
- A People Person
- Expert Relationship Builder
- Expert at Networking
- Highly Organized
- A Go Getter
- Responsible for research and outreach of securing attendance/ticket sales for key events
- Responsible to either create or secure donated graphic designs for all materials
- Responsible for securing groups and individual ticket sales attending for key events
- Responsible for identifying audience needs of the chapter and doing effective outreach to hit RSVP goals and ticket sales
- Responsible to create, source, manage, and track press releases, responses, inquiries, and articles through google drive - keeping a CRM database of press contacts as well as following up to request links and thank yous
- Responsible to ensure that no marketing/press materials are sent out without the prior approval of headquarters
- Responsible to promote events (sponsors, speakers, guests, performers, audiences) on all social media channels (facebook, twitter, instagram)
TIME COMMITMENTS & SCHEDULE
This volunteer role consistently contributes 10 hrs per week of volunteer time. This number of hours may fluctuate and be higher the week prior to the live event.
- 2 hrs per week "in person" weekly meetings with your committee
- 8 hrs per week independently researching, marketing, and attracting target demographics/audiences to ensure RSVP goals are reached, creating or securing volunteer marketing material designs for approval, attracting press to cover events, and posting to social media within required deadlines
- Help execute successful events in tandem with headquarters utilizing all Women In Comedy documents, timelines, and assignments.
- File annual report with all marketing groups, relationships, and press contacts
- Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, and more from headquarters, volunteers, venues etc. (any communications to you in correlation with Women In Comedy). Schedule a time daily to skim texts, voicemails, and emails and respond to anything time sensitive. Put on autoresponders as needed.
- Check your Women In Comedy timelines, documents, and assignments daily for the upcoming event you are working on and complete any necessary tasks.
- Check in with President and VP about progress of tasks.
- Set aside one day per week for working on WIC tasks and responding to emails - communicate this to your team so they know when to contact you.
- Attend weekly in person meetings at the scheduled date/time for your chapter
- Coordinate with your VP and update with completed task items
- Input weekly updates to agenda no later than 2 hours prior to weekly meetings
- Complete tasks on deadlines
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment