Women In Comedy is a non profit 501(c)3 headquartered in the comedy mecca of the United States - Chicago, IL. Our organization runs solely on volunteer efforts and donations. We are an inclusive organization providing free and low cost resources to women and girls seeking paid careers in comedy. We are establishing chapters of female comedians in all cities to create the first and only international professional network of comedic women and resources for women working in comedy (or aspiring to!).
ROLE TITLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chapter city Vice President, along with a committee of their peers, is responsible to implement successful live events over the course of one year to bring funny women together in order to empower, connect, and advocate for them.
SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- Self motivated
- Able to motivate and inspire others
- Queen/King of getting sh*t done
- Goal Setter and Achiever
- Expert in google drive
- Ability to delegate
- Chief Operating Officer of the group
- Chief Document/Data officer of the group
- Great people skills
- Ability to hold others accountable in a kind but firm way
- Responsible for maintaining an accountable committee of passionate volunteers while implementing timelines for key events
- Responsible for checking in with assigned tasks of committee weekly
- Prepares and sends out weekly agendas to committee 48 hrs prior to in person meetings
- Delegates as needed
- Takes on a variety of tasks to support the president or fill in for roles who are slacking
- Helps recruit replacement volunteers for the next year’s committee
TIME COMMITMENTS & SCHEDULE
This volunteer role consistently contributes 10 hrs per week of volunteer time. This number of hours may fluctuate and be higher the week prior to the live event.
- 2 hrs per week "in person" weekly meetings with your committee
- Fill in for chapter president on weekly national virtual calls as needed/available
- 3-4 hrs per week with checkins/agenda preparation
- 3-4 hrs per week independently completing delegated tasks within required deadlines
- Help execute successful events in tandem with headquarters utilizing all Women In Comedy documents, timelines, and assignments.
- Setup and complete any necessary legal filings for your city’s chapter to operate
- File all annual financial reports and send reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that no cash exchanges for donations are handled on behalf of WICO and/or committee members. Utilize the paypal link on our website ONLY for all payments.
- Ensure that all donations - whether cash or in kind receive records, receipts, and thank yous.
- Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, and more from headquarters, volunteers, venues etc. (any communications to you in correlation with Women In Comedy) within 24 hrs. Schedule a time daily for one hour to check voicemails and emails and respond.
- Check your Women In Comedy timelines, documents, and assignments daily for the upcoming event you are working on and complete any necessary tasks.
- Check in with committee members who have deadlines/required tasks to ensure their completion.
- Track and document all necessary paperwork for successful completion of events.
- In partnership with the head of sponsorships - track and document all donations received as they come in.
- Required to attend in person weekly meetings with committee
- Prepare and send out weekly agendas to committee 48 hrs prior to in person meetings
- Check in with and hold committee members responsible for assigned tasks weekly
- Document absences, tardies, and uncompleted tasks and communicate with the head of volunteers as/when new roles require filling.
- Oversee, manage, and execute duties assigned by the Chapter President.
- Attend virtual meetings/trainings and other necessary items with headquarters as needed.
- Input weekly updates to agenda no later than 2 hours prior to weekly meetings
- Performance Management
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment