Dog Foster Mentor
3 people are interested
Foster Mentors provide support and guidance to foster volunteers and their dogs. They are the "go-to" person for fosters who are in need of support and advice (including behavior tips, coordinating transport assistance, and working with adopters.) Foster Mentors also work closely with all members of Pet Haven’s Dog Division Team to make recommendations for improvements and provide scheduled communications to Pet Haven fosters.
- Send a "welcome email" to all new fosters who are assigned to your foster group.
- Accompany first-time fosters on their first home visit
- Collaborate, as needed, with the Dog Division Director and the Intake Coordinators to select an appropriate foster home for the dogs accepted into Pet Haven’s foster program
- Regularly and proactively communicate with foster homes to keep up to date with the needs, progress, and condition of foster dogs
- Encourage fosters to attend ongoing trainings
- Collaborate with the Dog Division Director and the Intake Coordinators to make arrangements for the transfer of new dogs to foster homes
- Assist new fosters in writing their foster dog’s biography and encourage them to provide high-resolution photos
- Provide resources, guidance, and support to fosters who have questions about their foster dog’s health and behavior
- Communicate in a professional manner the mission, vision and values of Pet Haven to assigned foster homes, other volunteers, and the public
- Attend quarterly Dog Division meetings (regularly scheduled)
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities areaMinneapolis/St Paul & surrounding area, MN 55419
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/week
- prefer previous foster experience