Share Necessities is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization teaching mindfulness, yoga, and wellness to at-risk youth in South Central LA. We are committed to "Bringing Inner Peace to the Streets" with our youth programs, community center, and urban garden.
Our youth education program and community center are dedicated to empowering the lives of individuals and families in Los Angeles’s most underserved communities. We believe change starts from the inside out, a healthy body and mind leads to a more positive life, which in turn builds a stronger community.
Our small but growing organization is seeking an experienced and committed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to chart the financial direction of the organization and serve as our financial expert. The CFO must have a genuine passion for the mission of Share Necessities and the ability to inspire and guide those around them to come together around the mission. They will lead our team by example and in a strategic, collaborative manner while coordinating all financial activities including annual audit and budget development. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will be a key member of the leadership team. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated financial leader to join the movement and help lead an innovative organization and as we continue to grow and change the world!
- Track record of leading by example with ability to "role up your sleeves" and "hustle" when necessary to reach key goals.
- 10+ years of senior financial leadership experience in a nonprofit or business environment.
- Strong leadership skills featuring a collaborative style and an entrepreneurial spirit, along with demonstrated experience leading teams to excellent results
- Highly strategic mindset, including the ability to develop and execute plans for growth and reach those goals
- Strong organizational and financial management skills and excellent budgeting and business planning skills; experience with nonprofit/fund accounting a plus
- Reserves of energy, a good sense of humor and an ability to understand and respect the perspectives of others
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; CPA or Master’s preferred
Interested applicants please email letter of introduction and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Part time, flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; CPA or Master’s preferred.