Sr. Program Manager
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated! Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
PROGRAMS TO BE SUPPORTED BY PROGRAM MANAGERS:
We are looking for many Program Managers at this time to support the various programs listed below:
We prevent the food waste through awareness programs like Self-awareness, Community awareness and Kids awareness, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids.
Self-awareness program enable us to find solutions to everyday, including food waste and this is done through teaching self-awareness tools like breathing, meditation and grounding to help unlock one’s self-awareness and start a journey within.
Community awareness programs are done through raising public awareness and understanding about the impact of food waste through education. By providing answers regarding how food waste impacts our health, environment and what we can do to provide more sustainable food sources, we will raise community and personal awareness to the problem of food waste. Additionally we are planning promotional videos, articles and practical tips to reduce food waste in our Outside2Inside website and various social media venues.
Kids food waste awareness (KFWA) program is to bring awareness of food waste to kids in local schools and its reduction by prevention, recovering and recycling. This is implemented by providing hands-on class projects which are designed to nourish their practical thinking ability. Our goal is to conduct this program in 5 schools per year and bring awareness of food waste to 1000+ kids.
Farm2School (F2S) Program is an initiative of Outside2Inside to reduce food waste by recovering ugly fruits and vegetables that gets discarded. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Outside2inside will be setting up farm tables at local low income schools so we can bring and share the ugly fruits & vegetables to educate the school kids and help their families with free produce.
Food Waste Recycling Program through Compost Bin: At households, food (vegetables, fruits, leaves and other plant based food) waste is thrown away every day. We aim to reduce that waste by creating a home-based waste bin, which stores, grinds and converts food waste into a compost. That compost is then used as a fertilizer or manure for the home-based plants. Thus, ?l???ng the l??? by using plant based food to enrich plants and growing plant food.
Food Waste Recycling Program through Animal Feed: Additionally, we convert a portion of the food waste as animal feed as well. Food waste collected is ?ut?m?t???ll? sorted and crushed before being put into large containers. The waste is then processed and sold as animal feed in agricultural production, presenting a viable alternative to the traditional animal feeds.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Program Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for an innovative and established professional to provide leadership, vision and direction in conjunction with the Founder, to enhance and expand our funding strategies, manage program operations, who thoroughly understands the financial needs of the organization and represents Outside2inside in the community. As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Project manager and the team to help successfully run the program. We currently operate from a home office but looking to expand to an office space locally.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage: Oversee day to day operations of the programs, guiding the project managers & the team of the respective programs. Chair weekly Meetings and provide guidance to the team.
- Budget: Management of expenses and find ways to improve the revenue. Manage Grant writers and provide directions to get funds for the projects.
- Lead: Provides leadership and direct support to the programs. Run staff recruitment, development, and maintain positive retention strategies. Reports to the Director of programs and provides timely updates and progress reports on the programs.
- Hires: Hire and manage staff, including implementation and ongoing revision of personnel policies approved by Board, manage staff performance review process. Assists with the design and delivery of on-boarding, training and the development of a supportive culture for volunteers, program managers and other their staff. Supports a strong team culture of shared learning among program managers. .
- Advance: Continually work to enhance staff and program developments.
- Outreach: Cultivate relationships within the community to increase their participation and fundraising activities. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing of the O2I’s image in the community by being active and visible with results measured by resource development.
- Strategizes: Collaborates and coordinates with the team to help ensure that outside2inside programs are strategic, synergistic, efficiently-delivered, well-received and impactful.
- Communicates: Regularly communicates with Director and project team to provide support and guidance in the development, management and implementation of work-plans and budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience of at least 2-3 years.
- Work history and a commitment to developing effective organizational systems for managing programs, staff, budgets and work-plans.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits programs is preferred but not needed.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising is preferred but not needed..
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
PREFERRED SKILLS: The successful candidate will be able to lead all programs successfully. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
We'll work with your schedule.
2716 El Camino Real,Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- This position requires the person to work from our Office.