ROLE TITLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chapter city Head of Volunteer Recruitment, along with a committee of their peers, is responsible to implement successful live events over the course of one year to bring funny women together in order to empower, connect, and advocate for them.
SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- A Born Leader
- Great communicator
- People Lover
- Background in the Human Resources field
- Relationship Guru
- Caretaking Queen/King
- Self motivated
- Highly Organized
- Invested in the human experience
- A cheerleader for others
- Responsible for sourcing, interviewing, recruiting, and securing volunteers for empty committee roles, "day of" event volunteer needs, volunteer performers, volunteer speakers, and any other needed volunteer roles
- Managing and tracking contact info, donated volunteer hours, and correspondence with all volunteers involved
- Responsible to assess and place volunteers in roles that match their expertise and interests to ensure a long lasting relationship.
- Responsible for keeping the committee fully staffed at all times throughout the season (should any volunteer resign from their role)
- Responsible for sourcing, interviewing, managing, and recruiting "day of" volunteers for key events
- Responsible for identifying volunteer needs of the chapter and doing effective outreach to fulfill volunteer roles
- Responsible to host and run monthly, in person, volunteer orientations for interested volunteers who want to help support the committee/chapter
- Responsible to ensure that no volunteer exits on bad terms
- Responsible for volunteer communications, emails, calls, thank yous, follow ups, et al.
TIME COMMITMENTS & SCHEDULE
This volunteer role consistently contributes 10 hrs per week of volunteer time. This number of hours may fluctuate and be higher the week prior to the live event.
- 2 hrs per week "in person" weekly meetings with your committee
- 8 hrs per week independently sourcing, interviewing, recruiting, and securing volunteers for empty committee roles, "day of" event volunteer needs, volunteer performers, volunteer speakers, and any other needed volunteer roles
- Help execute successful events in tandem with headquarters utilizing all Women In Comedy documents, timelines, and assignments.
- File annual report with all volunteer hours donated,
- Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, and more from headquarters, volunteers, venues etc. (any communications to you in correlation with Women In Comedy). Schedule a time daily to skim texts, voicemails, and emails and respond to anything time sensitive. Put on autoresponders as needed.
- Check your Women In Comedy timelines, documents, and assignments daily for the upcoming event you are working on and complete any necessary tasks.
- Check in with President and VP about progress of tasks.
- Set aside one day per week for working on WIC tasks and responding to emails - communicate this to your team so they know when to contact you.
- Attend weekly in person meetings at the scheduled date/time for your chapter
- Coordinate with your VP and update with completed task items
- Input weekly updates to agenda no later than 2 hours prior to weekly meetings
- Complete tasks on deadlines
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment