Administrative Assistant Volunteer/Intern for Senior Community
Catholic Charities Atlanta
Are you interested in helping seniors by using your office skills? Catholic Charities Atlanta (CCA)needs an assistant to help with our senior residential community- St. Joseph Place.
CCA needs an assistant for 10+ hours per week. Hours are flexible but must be during the week day (Monday through Friday) and between 8 AM and 4:00 PM.
The right candidate will be comfortable talking to prospective residents on the phone, emailing via Outlook, and working with Excel spreadsheets. The Volunteer Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, including data entry, letter composition, filing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, word processing and other tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Interact with tenants in the office and over the phone in a friendly and polite manner
- Mail applications to potential residents
- Track applications, update database
- Distribute flyers and other materials to residents (this entails walking from door to door around the property)
- Schedule site tours with property manager and potential tenant(s)
In addition to reference and background checks, volunteers must participate in the following trainings:
- 1.5 Hour CCA Agency Orientation
- 3-hour in-person Safe Environment (VIRTUS) Training. This program incorporates best practice standards for the prevention of sexual abuse of children and vulnerable adults.
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.