Mind Bubble fosters a love of learning by connecting students with community members through free tutoring, workshops, and games.
Mind Bubble is seeking volunteers to join its Board of Directors. The Board of Directors supports Mind Bubble’s work and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the organization’s staff, the support of the board is essential.
Board members are not directly involved in staffing programs but are very involved in governance and development. Members of the Board of Directors are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization.
- Passionate about volunteering to help children.
- Possesses creative fundraising ideas and the motivation to make them happen.
- Connected to and/or interested in outreach to the local business community.
- Enjoys connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Comfortable reaching out to their network of family and friends about a good cause.
- Strong communication skills, highly organized.
- Remain apprised of new organizational developments.
- Read and understand Mind Bubble's financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attend quarterly board meetings, ask questions, and participate in discussions.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Mind Bubble to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to identify and solicit potential donors, as well as directly invest in Mind Bubble’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Represent Mind Bubble in the community and advocate for Mind Bubble’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a letter of interest and a resume. The subject line of the email should be: Board Member.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MIND BUBBLE
226 KNOB HILLS CIR, DECATUR, GA 30030, US
Mind Bubble strives to redefine young people’s learning mindsets by engaging them in individualized learning experiences and providing them with an array of intellectual challenges related to their interests. To that end, we offer educational workshops and 1-on-1 tutoring in every subject area. Our programs are intended for students at the secondary level (particularly middle school students) and are always 100% free. We handle registration for both tutoring and workshops online with a first-come, first-served policy to ensure that all students in the community have an opportunity to take advantage of the learning experiences we have to offer!
Mind Bubble is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing students at the secondary level with the literacy, numeracy, and critical thinking skills they need to be successful life-long learners. Our services are structured around the understanding that students’ academic performance and social-emotional skills can grow dramatically when community members rally around them to provide academic support and challenging enrichment opportunities.
With this in mind, we connect community members with young people through free tutoring and workshops programs. We also advocate for the instructive value of play and seek to connect students with community members through board games, roleplaying games, and other structured play experiences.
Mind Bubble is an inclusive community that is committed to respecting students for being themselves. We strive to create a relaxed learning environment where many of life’s most important lessons can be learned while having fun.
Mind Bubble does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.