Virtual Volunteers - Social Media Managers for The Sloth Institute
14 people are interested
We're searching for dedicated animal welfare advocates to be a part of The Sloth Institute's virtual Marketing team and help in our sloth conservation and educational efforts. We're in need of virtual volunteers to maintain and enhance our social media presence by publishing effective content on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook channels. The ideal candidate has professional experience in: creating effective digital graphics for insta-stories, FB and IG posts; scheduling content using Hootsuite; and tracking the success of social media campaigns. You'll have guidance from TSI's Marketing team, who are professionals also volunteering their time and expertise. If you would love to donate your skills and time to help The Sloth Institute, join our team! Responsibilities Include:
- Creation of content for daily tweets on Twitter and feed + stories on Instagram and FB
- Work with Marketing lead to maintain weekly and monthly scheduled content; incorporating social media in campaigns and promotions
- Work with PR lead on communications with followers as well as collaborations with sponsors/partners; actively responding with comments or likes; interaction with other organization/business pages
- Participating with team to develop marketing campaigns and promotions
- Researching and staying up to date on social media best practices, latest tools, effective strategies for audience engagement, etc.
- How to create effective visuals for InstaStories on IG and FB
- How to write effective captions and understands use of Call to Actions and hashtags
- A basic understanding of Public Relations and Branding
- Using Hootsuite and apps for creating graphics/animations
- Works well in a team of remote/virtual members
- Follows schedules, directions, and guidelines provided by Marketing team and organization
- Up to 10-20 hours a week (weekdays and weekends)
- Available for last minute requests
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- 10-20 hours per week including weekends