Event Description: Like a market on wheels, the North Texas Food Bank's Mobile Pantry program is a traveling pantry that delivers nutritious food, including fresh produce and refrigerated items, directly to communities with high need. We need your help to make sure every family receives a packed bag of fruits and veggies to take home!
Job Description & Skills Needed: Volunteers will be helping:
- Sort and pack produce items into a grocery bag.
- Volunteers must physically be able to bend, stoop and lift at least 25 pounds repeatedly throughout their shift.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Distribute the grocery bags to event attendees in a fast-paced work environment.
- Volunteers must be able to be on their feet for the entirety of the volunteer shift.
- Volunteers must be able to serve the entire distribution window.
- As needed, communicate with onsite leadership and clients being served.
- Volunteers must have good verbal skills.
- Courtesy and helpfulness are expected.
Age: 17 years of age is the recommended minimum for a mobile distribution event, due to the nature of work involved. If your group includes volunteers 14-16 years of age, there absolutely must be at least 1 adult volunteer to supervise for every 7 youths.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- up to 3 hours