The Salvation Army in Red Bank needs reliable volunteers who can help with the maintenance and operations of their food pantry. Specific duties and responsibilities include: help stock food pantry shelves; assist with food delivery; occasionally assist with food drives; check for expiration dates; keep food items in rotation; help stock the walk-in freezer; package food items and occasionally assemble boxes.
Ideally, the volunteer able to work with a diverse group of people. Volunteer must be able to read dates and product labels; be able to push a loaded flat-bed cart and have a knowledge/experience of shopping requirements. For deliveries, the volunteer must be able to lift 50 lbs and withstand cold temperatures within the walk-in freezer. Not all skills and qualifications are necessary.
Volunteer hours can be flexible within the needed times.
Must be available 2 hours weekly
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Receptionist - The Salvation...
- Food Pantry Assistant -New...
- Food Pantry Assistant and Food...
- Front Desk, Administrative help-...
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Salvation Army bell ringer
- Food Pantry Assistant- Vineland
- ESL Instructor-Newark
- After school homework/ reading...
- Soup Kitchen Aide- Atlantic City
- Teen school project
- Seasonal organizational...
- Christmas Intake Assistant ...
- After School Program Tutor-...
- Guitar/Piano Teacher
- Sponsor a Food Drive
- Receptionist-Bound Brook Temple
- Receptionist - Red Bank Corps
- Social Media Volunteer