Our Afterschool Feeding Program continues a long tradition of providing for children’s most basic needs ultimately striving to address deeper or long-term issues. We provide an afterschool meal on Monday and Wednesday, to 21 children many of whom count on The Salvation Army for a meal to end their day. We provide these meals in two shifts, 3:15 and around 3:30.
Volunteers should be able to lift at least 50lbs and be able to work with a diverse group of people. Volunteers should enjoy working with children and previous experience volunteering with children would be a plus. The volunteer should also work well with others and be willing to work as part of a team. The volunteer should also be dependable, responsible and committed.
- Child Development
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Receptionist - The Salvation...
- Food Pantry Assistant -New...
- Food Pantry Assistant and Food...
- Front Desk, Administrative help-...
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Salvation Army bell ringer
- Food Pantry Assistant- Vineland
- ESL Instructor-Newark
- After school homework/ reading...
- Soup Kitchen Aide- Atlantic City
- Teen school project
- Seasonal organizational...
- Christmas Intake Assistant ...
- After School Program Tutor-...
- Guitar/Piano Teacher
- Sponsor a Food Drive
- Receptionist-Bound Brook Temple
- Receptionist - Red Bank Corps
- Social Media Volunteer