Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated! Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an entry level position.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated cooking instructor to join our growing organization to help create, teach food waste reduction for school kids and adults. In this position, we are looking for an outstanding Vegetarian / Vegan / Ayurveda cook to create innovative recipes & recipe book with ugly produce or wasted food like food peels etc and come up with a curriculum for a 2-4 week program for middle and high school kids & adults to teach food waste reduction. As you will provide volunteer support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program volunteers in the O2I home office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Vegetarian / Vegan / Ayurvedic Cooking Certification and/or cooking experience.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Cooking / Catering
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Internet Research
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hrs / week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager