The Patient/Family Services Volunteer provides various services as needed or requested to patients and their families including supportive care, comfort, and caregiver relief.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Initiates and maintains contact with assigned patient/family.
Offers various forms of assistance, comfort measure, supportive services, including reading to and writing for patient, sitting at bedside, especially during dying process and caregiver relief for families.
Assists patients and families to cope with problems of terminal illness and death; helps them to express feelings and concerns.
Completes written reports of contact and submits to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Refers to the Volunteer Coordinator any immediate needs, problems or concerns.
Attends on-going education programs and peer support groups, as requested.
Continues to provide emotional support to family during bereavement as appropriate or recommend bereavement follow-up by others.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the position as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that maybe inherent in the position.
** Spanish speaking required**
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Administrative Intern
- Supportive Care Services...
- Volunteers needed to provide Pet...
- Veteran Volunteers Needed
- Bi-Lingual, English/ Vietnamese...
- Spanish Speaking Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteer----- Patient...
- VETERAN TO VETERAN HOSPICE...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers
- Are You Comfortable In The Office?
- Memory Bear Seamstress
- Graphic Designers Needed!
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers...
- Hospice Social Worker Volunteer-...
- Play An Instrument? Change...