Social Media Coordinator
We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator who is passionate about changing the world.
The objective of this role is to grow the online reach of charities and communities across a given We Make Change social media channel, empowering more people to take action and make the change they want to see. The Social Media Coordinator will be involved in posting WMC content as well as strategic engagement behind the scenes with existing and potentially new members of the WMC community. The Social Media Coordinator can expect to be involved in the day-to-day running of their particular channel.
Execute your platform’s social media strategy that will inspire people to take action to support the causes they care about.
- The Social Media Coordinator attracts and interacts with potential virtual WMC communities and groups.
- Is responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of WMC, while providing direction to potential volunteers requesting more information on WMC opportunities.
- Engaging with like-minded people and organizations to expand our reach and influence will be of particular importance in this role as we look to create and maintain growth across our social media platforms.
- Editing and then publishing WMC daily content to fit the candidate’s given social media channel will be needed.
- Most important we are looking for an individual that is passionate about making change!
Some professional experience working in social media or marketing is desirable.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using social analytics tools knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of social media marketing and good understanding of the given channels.
- Positive attitude and detail oriented with regards to grammar and sharp copy skills.
- Fluency in English.
The time commitment is at least 4-6 hours per week.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Internet Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- The time commitment is at least 4-6 hours per week
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief People Officer
- University Ambassador for We...
- Graphic Designer - The Advocacy...
- UI/UX Designer
- Project Coordinator
- Scrum Master
- Web Developer - The Advocacy...
- Salesforce Administrator
- Bid Writer
- Cause Community Manager
- .NET Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Newsletter Coordinator
- HR Coordinator
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador