Do you want to make an impact through event planning? We are looking for individuals who share our passion for helping children across North Carolina succeed in school and in life. Volunteers will serve on a committee of 12 professionals from around the Raleigh area to help plan our annual Back To School BASH gala event. This position will serve on the event committee as well as the auction subcommittee.
Volunteers will need to commit to at least five hours a month to procure auction items and attend committee meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the planning of the overall event
- Identifying prospective in-kind auction donors
- Working with the subcommittee chair on contacting local business for live and silent auction donations
- Picking up donations from local business (i.e. Gift cards, products, etc.) and delivering them to the state office for inventory logging
Excellent communication skills, connections and basic computer skills will be helpful.
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Five hours per month