KACRU - Kenai Aluminum Can Round-Up Program
In the recycling market aluminum is the most valuable commodity.
Since 1994 the Kenai Aluminum Can Round-Up has encouraged local aluminum recycling by collecting aluminum cans from Kenai Peninsula schools and youth groups. All Schools/groups receive money for the aluminum and additional prize money goes to groups collecting the most cans. The earned money helps support continued can collection by the participating schools & groups plus funds other activities and field trips. Local youth participation in KACRU results in literal tons of aluminum being recycled and taken out of the waste stream and landfill.
KACRU Coordinator Overview
The KACRU Coordinator is responsible for the running of the KACRU program each school year-approximately 36 hours intermittently from August through May. This includes recruiting new schools and groups, retaining participation from current groups, and scheduling delivery and weigh-in dates that begin on or around America Recycles Day (November 15) and finish on or around Earth Day (April 22).
- Make connections with schools and youth groups
- Deliver educational presentations on the benefits of KACRU
- Coordinate logistics with and recognition of program sponsors
- Arrange for adult volunteers on collection days
- Document collections received
- Submit accounting for prize money to ReGroup Treasurer
- Manage all KACRU program administration details
- Provide KACRU Program updates at ReGroup meetings from Sept - May
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous involvement and/or strong interest in community environmental activities
- Basic facility and experience with computer programs and using the internet, including: word processing, spreadsheet/database, slide presentation, promotional flyer creation, creating pdf and jpeg files, and posting on social media. Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Publisher, and experience with Facebook is preferred.
- $1000 stipend, paid in two increments-in late fall and late spring
- Reimbursement of related expenses for supplies, etc.
Submit cover letter and r?sum? and/or completed application form to:
KACRU Coordinator Selection Committee
Or mail to
P.O. Box 2861
Soldotna, AK 99669
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Please request the electronic word enterable Application Form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Environmental Education
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- ~36 hours from August-May.
- Having a passion for recycling and developing that passion in youth and their mentors!