GLSEN is the leading national organization dedicated to addressing LGBTQ issues in K-12 schools. Our Washington State chapter is seeking a responsible leader passionate about financial organization and stewardship to take charge of its accounting and finance management. The Treasurer is the chief financial officer and chief accounting officer of the Chapter and a member of the GLSEN Washington Board. Working with the Board and the Chapter’s committees, the Treasurer assists in budgeting and financial decision-making to support GLSEN’s mission to create safe and affirming schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.Responsibilities include:
- Coordination with the national office and GLSEN Washington Board to ensure funding and appropriate budgeting for the chapter’s programming
- Collaboration with the Board in implementing a strategic plan for the chapter’s current and long term growth and stability
- Financial management of the organization’s annual LGBTQ Youth Leadership Conference
- Accurately processing donations, grant award funds, and refunds.
- Supporting grant writing and fundraising efforts with budget and expenditure documentation.
- Strong commitment to GLSEN’s mission
- Prior exposure with finance/bookkeeping
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer
- Ability to illustrate financial considerations in writing, tables, and charts for grant and fundraising proposals
- Cost Analysis
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours a Month
- Must attended monthly board meetings, board retreat, and other meetings as called.