Peers sign on for 6 months at varying levels of commitment, full time (four hours a week) or half-time (no less than eight hours a month) to qualify for TSDI reference or recommendation. Peers will serve as virtual and consistent sounding boards for partner's ideas and projects with support from program staff. Peers will agree to spend at least two hours a week for six months engaging with the Nigeria-based partner via email, phone calls, WhatsApp or other IM platforms agreed with the TSDI staff.
Some qualities we will like in our Peers:
* A sincere desire to be involved with a young African community leader,
* Respect for Africans in general and Nigerians in particular,
* Active listening skills and experience of diverse cultures,
* Ability to see solutions and opportunities,
* Flexibility and understanding of the sometimes-unreliable communications infrastructure in Africa.
What Peers stand to gain:
* Gain professional experience with an international not-for-profit.
* Benefit from our comprehensive training program.
* Participate in once a month 30-minute peer round-ups and networking.
* Be fully supported by TSDI staff for the duration of the match and get feedback on your work.
* Can continue to support/follow the progress of their match or other volunteers in various ways.
* A greater appreciation for diversity and better grasp of Nigerian culture and current affairs.
* Play in role in the improvement and development of your partner and their community.
* Improved self-esteem as you are able to transfer learned skills to others areas of life.
To apply, please fill this form - https://goo.gl/forms/tAeyE7Kco7ERsD373
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Product Development
- Professional Development
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a month.