Shelter Hosts for Homeless Guests
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Shelter hosts provide hospitality and help ensure a welcoming presence is available to all guests. The hosts assist with the registration process during check-in hours and provide information and resources as appropriate to the shelter guests. Shifts are nightly from 4:45-9:00.
- Work with the Shelter staff and volunteers to provide a warm, friendly and welcoming environment.
- Assist guests in registering for the program.
- Enter guest information into the database.
- Lead guests to their assigned bed.
- Register pets in kennel area.
- Converse with guests and offer opportunities to build relationships through games and interaction.
- Communicate any behavioral concerns or guest needs to shelter staff or security when appropriate social interaction with guests such as conversations, games, etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
25 W Las Vegas StColorado Springs, CO 80903
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment of 6 months
- Successful volunteers will be flexible, adaptible, and calm, and will uphold SRM values.