Shelter hosts provide hospitality and help ensure a welcoming presence is available to all guests. The hosts assist with the registration process during check-in hours and provide information and resources as appropriate to the shelter guests. Shifts are nightly from 4:45-9:00.
- Work with the Shelter staff and volunteers to provide a warm, friendly and welcoming environment.
- Assist guests in registering for the program.
- Enter guest information into the HMIS database.
- Lead guests to their assigned bed.
- Register pets in kennel area.
- Communicate any behavioral concerns or guest needs to shelter staff or security when appropriate social interaction with guests such as conversations, games, etc.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment of 6 months