Looking for Board members for non-profit charity supporting people with disabilities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
14 people are interested
- A board member committed to the mission, vision and values of KenCCID.
- Willing to volunteer at least four hours a month.
- Adds diversity of expertise and experience because of social, business or professional background and experiences.
- Is a conscientious steward of KenCCID’s charitable assets.
- Is informed, available, and engaged.
- Sensitive to the communities to which KenCCID belongs.
- Highly regarded and respected by others.
- Goal-setting, policymaking, and strategic planning.
- Ensure compliance with legal and financial reporting requirements, and adhering to core board roles and responsibilities as stated in the organization’s bylaws.
- Developing the strength of the board itself through recruitment, training, self-assessment, and board education.
- Outreach to community and leaders who will volunteer to collaborate in the organization’s growth.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
9350 ASHTON RD RM 202, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19114, US
KenCCID strives to promote dignity and choice to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (our "Individuals") to reach their full potential.
Established in 1974, Kensington Community Corporation for Individual Dignity is a 501(c)(3) public charity that provides services to a wide range of adult males and females with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the Philadelphia area. KenCCID assesses the best accommodation for each individual to assure suitable supports. KenCCID accomplishes this by taking into account the various limitations of each individual’s ability and helping that individual achieve the utmost quality of life and living arrangement. Most individuals live in a two to three persons home, and some individuals may reside in semi-independent settings or in a family-based supports; while others are best suited in one person residential settings. For those who are retired and for those who choose not to attend formalized day supports, KenCCID provides various individual specific social and recreational day activities. KenCCID works to develop community employment opportunities for all individuals based on their assessments, profiles and interests. These targeted activities and alternative social leisure integration have allowed individuals build valuable social capital. From the very beginning, the purpose of the founding members was to support people served to achieve their full potential through access to quality services and supports. To assure people have choices in their personal lives and a full range of services be made available to promote independence and enhance their daily lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
9350 Ashton Road, Suite 202PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia, PA 19114
- Human Resources Strategy
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- At least six hours a month
- Board development; Goal-setting, policy-making, strategic planning;