We Want You to Join Our Beautification Crew!
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
282 North Main StreetProvidence, RI 02903
Brown and white sign for Roger Williams National Memorial in Providence, RI.
Are you passionate about protecting our national treasures and cultural resources? You can do that and more, serving as a member of the Beautification Crew at Roger Williams National Memorial!
Project Duration: Seasonal (April - November) Hours Per Week: 2 or more
Description of Duties: Works with park maintenance staff to complete a variety of landscape projects.
- Landscaping (flowerbeds and leafs) to include replanting of flowers in flower bed
- Raking the grounds, and picking up debris left from the winter
- Sweeping up any sand from areas, paths, parking lot, etc
- Painting and staining of park benches, and exterior areas of the Visitor Center
- Grass cutting with a push lawnmower
- Weeding of the grounds
- Planting new flowers
- Grass reseeding of specific area
- Watering plants during the dry season
- Record all hours volunteering and report those hours to the volunteer coordinator
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary for all jobs and to follow all park guidelines for safety.
Benefits to VIP
- Build your resume
- Gain experience by working with professionals in a national park, with a public that visits from around the country and around the world
Goal/Outcome of Job
- To provide a clean, safe and enjoyable environment for visitors
- Be at least eighteen years of age
- Works as team member
- Is able to work outside for extended period of times
- Knowledge of plants is desirable
- Experience in maintenance, construction, or landscaping desired
- Be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Uniform and any required tools or materials provided
- Facilities Management
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 3 hours a week
Report this opportunity