NoSchoolViolence.org is a volunteer, federal 501 (c) (3) non-profit community of parents, teachers, educators, mental health therapists, social science researchers, database specialists, bloggers, business owners, film makers, media reporters, and education policy analysts. Its goal is to offer solutions to school violence so that children can be free from fear, threats, or weapons violence.
NoSchoolViolence.org treats school violence as a public health problem. Its approach provides two advantages to the current defensive strategy of dealing with school violence during or after it happens: it is mining a universe of big data to discover behavioral patterns that correlate to school violence so that parents and teachers can see violence ahead of time.
NoSchoolViolence.org needs to put together a team on online public records investigators and researchers able to commit 4 hours a week researching and 1 hour for a virtual team meeting. Volunteers will be tasked with discovering database content related to the kinds of behaviors children manifest before they verbally, emotionally, sexually and physically violence.
Volunteers will be furnished a copy of The Manual to Online Public Records and can choose which areas of research they would like to pursue.
- Please have the time to commit to this project. It is important given all the school violence that currently impacts America’s and other county’s children.
- Have an interest in adolescent psychology.
- Be a college student, parent, mental health therapist or counselor or an educator interested in learning more about the causes of violence-triggering behaviors, in the chain of behaviors that have higher incidence of violence expressions and in intervention programs that effectively reduce child violence before it occurs.
- Please have a computer that can access the internet and has audio/video capabilities to conduct videoconferences.
Researchers will gain working experience in online data research and content analysis. This experience will prove valuable for college students wanting to enhance their knowledge of research skills, professionals wanting to learn more about how to research for their business needs and grant researchers looking for sources to help write more effective grants.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Five hours per week
- Marketing Team
- Database Team- Reducing School...
- School Contact/Education...
- Blog Writers -Subject Area Youth...
- Grant Writers and Researchers
- Corporate Sponsorship Team
- Psychology Researcher Position
- Text Extraction To Reduce ...
- Therapist Research Project
- Public Relations Team
- Congressional Lobby Volunteer...
- Online Public Records...
- Adolescent Health Researcher
- Volunteer Team
- Blog Editor