9 people are interested
Get involved to end Pancreatic Cancer!
9 people are interested
We're looking for amazing volunteers to be part of our local Sacramento Affiliate as we help to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer.
We have volunteer opportunities to support our major campaigns: the walk to end pancreatic cancer, PurpleStride Sacramento on April 30, 2022 and November Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month.
There's something for everyone - for every interest, skill set, personality and schedule.
- Media outreach for November Awareness Month and PurpleStride
- Assisting with PurpleStride sponsors outreach
- Outreach to local cancer centers, oncologists and specialists
- Engaging with local businesses for November Awareness Month participation
- Participating in local advocacy efforts or actions
- Creating awareness on your social media accounts
If you are ready to rewrite the future for pancreatic cancer, contact us to learn more!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - Sacramento
No local office - Volunteer Managed, Sacramento, CA 95814, US
Founded in 1999, the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
The Sacramento Affiliate is comprised of passionate volunteers who drive our mission to raise awareness and funds to end pancreatic cancer. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) prides itself on a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer. With guidance from PanCAN staff, local affiliates are led by a volunteer leadership team that includes an Affiliate Chair, PurpleStride Chair, Mission Chair and November Awareness Chair. This leadership team engages other volunteers and community members through committees supporting the organization’s mission at the local level.
Sacramento and surrounding areaSacramento, CA 95814
August 30, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- It can be anywhere from 1-3 hours a week to help us make an impact.
- We have a monthly volunteer call that is 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.