We currently have an opening for a Development Chair. The Development Chair will work closely with the Board and have its strong support.
The Development Chair is responsible for:
- Cultivation and stewardship of donors. This includes both personal thanking of donors and creating opportunities for meeting our donors.
- Grants and grant timeline. Seek new grant opportunities and better cultivate our existing grant network. Grant-writing is a shared collaboration with our Chair and First Vice Chair.
- Annual appeal letter, sent in early November. Analyze the database to manage the appeal distribution list, working with the Office Manager; draft the letter (with board input) and coordinate the letter's printing and mailing.
- Events (for stewardship and fundraising). It is our 45th anniversary this year and we would like to celebrate this. Historically we have not done big, splashy events; we would like smaller events that show donor and volunteer appreciation.
- Meetings with the already-established Development Committee. You will chair this committee, which provides brainstorming support and manpower for projects. You will also work closely with the Chair, Outreach Chair and Donor Appreciation Chair.
- The time commitment will vary, but could average 6-8 hours per month.
Please send your resume to our Office Manager, Cari Brown at email@example.com. If you have questions, call our office at 434-979-9180 and leave a message on the machine.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-8 hours/month