Kidznotes is raising funds by partnering with Over the Edge to give people the once in a lifetime opportunity to rappel down the Capital Bank Plaza Building in downtown Raleigh on June 2nd! Learn more about this incredible event at kidznotes.org/nh!
Participants will be raising, on average, $1,000 per person for this exclusive opportunity to rappel. If you donate your time and effort, YOU WILL GET TO RAPPEL FOR FREE!
The technical staff at Over The Edge provide all training that Ropes Volunteers will need during a session on the day prior to the event. Rope Volunteers will be expected to:
- Watch a 1 hour online video before the event (if first time as Ropes Volunteer)
- Attend a 3-hour training session on Media/VIP day (if first time as Ropes Volunteer) 06/01/18
- Volunteer all day on event day 06/02/18
Rope volunteers will get to rappel the building as part of their training; schedule permitting.
- Roof - Support Site Safety Supervisor at main rappel area, help to load edgers and coach them over the edge
- Training - Support Training Manager in training all edgers before they go over the edge
- Staging - Support Staging Manager, help get edgers into gear and ready to go on the roof
- Landing Zone - Belay ropes and assist edgers when they finish their rappel
* Sign up on OTE’s website ( https://overtheedgeglobal.com/volunteers/)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours total
- Previous experience with rope safety systems & course facilitation is preferred but not required