Help Planned Parenthood maintain a presence at community events and achieve its outreach goals as the Outreach Coordinator! In this position, you will coordinate Planned Parenthood’s participation at community health fairs in the Twin Cities, in order to promote Planned Parenthood’s services to diverse communities. Duties include attendance at events, assisting staff and volunteers with tasks related to planning, registration and attendance, managing inventory of resources, identifying opportunities, completing registrations in a timely manner, communicating with volunteers about shifts, and keeping track of data about fairs. Must be able to travel to community events throughout the area - access to a car is preferred. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about a non-profit’s outreach efforts and gain skills in project coordination. 2-10 hours/week, 3 month minimum commitment.
Function of Organization: Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is a trusted provider of affordable health care services, education and advocacy. We are a non-profit community-based organization whose volunteers and interns help fulfill our mission to affirm human rights to reproductive health and freedom.
General Description: As the Outreach Coordinator, you will organize and help staff Planned Parenthood’s participation at community health fairs in the Twin Cities throughout the year, particularly during the summer (April-September) to promote Planned Parenthood’s services to diverse communities.
* Attend community events and health fairs throughout the summer.
* Assist staff and volunteer Community Ambassadors with tasks related to fair planning, registration and attendance.
* Manage inventory of resources (pamphlets, condoms and giveaway/promotional items) for events.
o Ensure there is an adequate supply of resources in the storage closet for upcoming events and notify staff if orders are needed.
o Pack/unpack resources before and after events
o Coordinate transporting resources to and from events
* Identify health fairs and community events where Planned Parenthood could potentially participate.
* Complete health fair registrations and related details in a timely manner to ensure Planned Parenthood’s successful participation in community health fairs and events.
* Communicate with the volunteer Community Ambassadors about their specific shifts at fairs.
* Keep track of fair data (number of people who visited the Planned Parenthood table and other fair stats.)
1. Community outreach and communication
2. Inventory and registration management
3. Volunteer coordination
4. Knowledge of the successful operations of a nonprofit education and outreach department
5. Experience working with/within diverse communities Qualifications:
* Flexibility required
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong communication skills
* Available most weekends throughout the summer
* Ability to manage resources and people effectively
* Ability to travel to and transport materials to community events
* Must support Planned Parenthood’s mission
* Must be able to work with diverse communities
* Access to a car highly desirable
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours a week