Veteran to Veteran Volunteer Program
1 person is interested
Heartland Hospice serving Santa Clara, Alameda, San Mateo and San Francisco Counties.
We believe our mission is to enrich lives. That begins with every life we encounter: Our employees, our patients, and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
Every day, Heartland has the distinct honor or providing hundreds of U.S. military veterans with hospice care. Veterans share a common language and code of conduct. No one understands the questions and concerns of a U.S. military veteran more than a fellow veteran or active duty personnel. Our volunteers enrich the lives of our veterans by:
- Listening to veterans as they tell their life stories
- Educating and assisting patients on how to access veteran benefits
- Participating in pinning ceremonies and presenting recognition certificates
- Providing support to families and loved ones
Benefits of volunteering:
- Flexible schedules - You are able to pick your own schedule and volunteer for as little or as often as you would like
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
- Rewarding - Gives more than it takes
- Healthy for you - Long-term volunteers have longer lives, less disease and better overall health
If you are interested in volunteering please call or email Teri Brown.
We'll work with your schedule.
1575 Bayshore Highway, Suite 200BurlingameBurlingame, CA 94010
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer as little or as much as you want