Veterans of the Millitary needed to become Hospice Volunteers
2 people are interested
Hello, my Name is Mike Del Vechio and I am the volunteer coordinator for MetroWest Hospice. I am looking to recruit Veterans to become hospice volunteers. B/C checks are required and hospice training that I provide at no charge.
These Hospice Veterans will make patient visits to our Veterans on our hospice service and help them to share their story, honor them and thank them for their bravery of service to this great nation.
What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care.
- Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience.
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
200 Nickerson Road, Suite 110Marlborough, MA 01752
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week visit to a hospice Veteran