Great opportunity for large groups of volunteers!
Impact future leaders by teaching students about careers, money & budgeting, and entrepreneurship through fun games and group activities. Join Junior Achievement as we bring our hands-on curriculum to over 900 elementary school students for ONE SCHOOL DAY!
We provide the lessons, you provide the enthusiasm!
Date: Friday, May 25, 2018
Time of Day: 8am -1pm
Commitment Length: 5 Hours + prep time
- A JA Program Manager will be present to check in volunteers, support, and debrief at end of day
- You will be trained and given teaching material 1-2 weeks prior to the event
- You will be assigned a classroom and could be assigned a volunteer partner (or you can bring your own!)
- The teacher will be in the classroom with you for the entire day, so no prior classroom experience is necessary.
About Junior Achievement of Southern California
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating students about financial literacy, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurship. We offer curriculum for grades K - 12, which aligns with Common Core Standards for Math, English and Language Arts. JA curriculum is delivered by volunteers or parents. JA volunteers are not only trained and prepared to teach the JA curriculum to students, but they are also encouraged to share their life and work experience with the students to bring the curriculum to life. Every year, we prepare and inspire over 75,000 students to succeed in the global economy.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours + prep time
- Prep time typically consists of 1 hour training + 1 hour of organizing teaching material JA provides