Pet Therapy Volunteers for Hospice Patients
9 people are interested
Pet therapy has been proven to increase pain tolerance, reduce stress and lower blood pressure. Heartland Hospice is seeking compassionate individuals with Certified Therapy Pets (TDI - Therapy Dogs International or Pet Partners) to visit our hospice patients. Interacting with a friendly animal brings lots of joys and smiles to our patients. Please note you must have your own certified dog for this opportunity.
Benefits to volunteering:
- Flexible schedules - You are able to pick your own schedule and volunteer for as little or as often as you would like
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
- Rewarding - Gives more than it takes
- Healthy for you - Long-term volunteers have longer lives, less disease and better overall health
We believe our mission is to enrich lives. That begins with every life we encounter: Our employees, our patients, and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Teri Brown, Heartland Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
Phone 408-450-7850 or email Teri.Brown@hcr-manorcare.com
We'll work with your schedule.
2005 De La Cruz Blvd. Suite # 271Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Hospice Care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer as little or as much as you want
- Pet must be up to date on all immunizations and updated annually