General Description: Planned Parenthood seeks a student intern in the community education department. The intern will provide assistance to the Reach One Teach One program facilitator. Typical duties will include: pre-session planning, observation of weekly sessions, post-session clean-up and transportation of program participants (mileage will be reimbursed). The intern will also be responsible for administrative tasks including entering program data and various preparations for educational activities. The intern will also have the opportunity to be involved in outreach initiatives including tabling at community events and shadowing presentations within the community.
- Obtain a professional level of knowledge about current topics in sexuality and other teen health issues
- Assist in preparing for and participating in weekly meetings
- Assist in administrative tasks that support the Reach One Teach One program
- Assist in community education and outreach initiatives
- Community education and sexuality education
- Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues and/or other teen health concerns preferred
- Interest in service learning
- Ability to relate to teenagers
- Flexible schedule and available to travel within Duluth area
- Able to commit to summer semester
- Must be able to provide own reliable transportation
- Offer of position contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Supports Planned Parenthood’s Mission
Commitment: Approximately 10-15 hours per week over the summer term is required. Some daytime and evening availability required.
Supervision provided by: Education and Outreach Specialist and Community Educator
Education and Outreach Specialist - Rachelle Jenson
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment