The Article 20 Network offers a great opportunity to get great experience in a young non-profit and help turn it into a world-class human rights organization making a global impact.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed to defend and advance the human right to freedom of peaceful assembly worldwide. Through direct action, education, research and legal services, the Article 20 Network encourages the proliferation of public demonstrations and fights back against obstacles and threats to our human right to peacefully assemble.
We are a new organization made up of volunteers and are seeking a grant writer as one of our next new team members who can volunteer for 2-5 hours a week.
- Write complete grant proposals and LOIs and prepare all supplementary materials for new institutional funding opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Article 20 Network’s team to gather applicable program and organizational information in order to write and submit proposals.
- Research and present the interests of foundations and other funders to the rest of the team
- Research relevant foundation funding opportunities for the Article 20 Network including grants for general/operational support.
- Coordinate an annual grant application schedule.
- Track results and coordinate acknowledgement of funders.
- For active grants, maintain a calendar of reporting requirements and write periodic updates to funders.
- Collect and create grant attachments for submission.
- Maintain a bank of boiler plate text.
Work will take place remotely, with occasional collaboration in person and regular collaboration over the phone with the Article 20 Network team.
Ideal candidates will have:
- a deeply held belief in the power of public protest
- a proven record of successful proposals on behalf of young organizations and/or human/civil rights organizations
- Strong organizational and written communication skills required.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject should read " Grant Writer".
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-5 hours a week
- be able to work remotely