This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about various aspects of immigrant and refugee women led households. In this role, the intern will support the Women’s Empowerment Program staff with the outreach and administrative support, as well as with direct service delivery.
- Conducts outreach efforts to current community stakeholders and potential donors on in-kind goods
- Assists in cultivating new partnerships in fields of employment and education
- Helps with the organization of domestic violence prevention workshops
- Conducts direct client work which may include accompanying clients to appointments, completion of governmental assistance applications, following-up on referrals, and other case work under the guidance
of the program staff.
- Maintains and expands the Women’s Program resource guide
- Completes data entry and assists in electronic and paper data management.
- Develops client training materials, surveys, and program-specific forms as needed.
- Conducts research using internet resources, in-person outreach efforts, and other methods
- Participates in team meetings and offers valuable input to the staff
- Completes other tasks as assigned
- Communication skills with the ability to assist people of various backgrounds and cultures
- Must be comfortable learning and working in a highly diverse environment
- High level of organizational skills
- Confident networking and conducting independent in-person outreach
- Ability to express one’s thoughts clearly and succinctly through written word
- Detail oriented in writing and completing processes
- Interest in and passion for direct and indirect immigrant and refugee work including advocacy, direct service delivery, and acquiring of resources
- Flexibility; understanding that day-to-day work can be ever changing
- Ability to work independently
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Akheia Bowie at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Data Entry
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15/20 hours a week
- Elementary Program Intern
- Special Events Intern
- Get Out the Vote/Canvassing
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Nonprofit Management Intern
- Mentors for Vocational...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Operations Intern
- Womens Empowerment Intern
- Development Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Human Resources Intern
- Middle School Program Intern
- Apartment Set-Up
- Careers Services Intern
- Social Media Intern
- English at Home Tutors