o provide assistance to the office manager and director to ensure to smooth operation of DAKTARI day-to-day. Additionally, this position is designed to fill gaps when other staff or long-term volunteers are away from DAKTARI
TASK 1: Assisting the Office Manager
- Organise excursion and activities for the short term volunteers
- Manage and sell the merchandise/curios
- Online Survey to short term volunteer
- Keep long-term position updated on universities portals
- Send email to past volunteers
TASK 2: Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator
- Create certificates and gift bags for the children
- Report the feedback & Survey of children
- Take new photos of children and volunteers
- Welcome new volunteers
TASK 3: Report to Animal Sponsors
- Prepare the monthly email postcards for our animal sponsors
- Take new photos of each of the sponsored animals
TASK 4: Fundraising for material and equipment
- Contact local companies for donation
- Manage the donations and relationship with donors
- Assist the director to send proposal
The project is based in the middle of the bush. There is no electricity in the camp but we have solar power and Internet for computers. You will live in a family atmosphere and a beautiful area. You must be able to adapt to group life and to be away from the city.
Many challenges will occur, as the days are never the same. You will be in regularly in contact with underprivileged children who have not the same culture as you have. You must be an understanding and adaptable person, seen as a role model.
As mentioned above, you will work Monday until Friday, 8 hours a day, as the Office Assistant you should be able to organize your hours flexible.
Everyday Saturday, any volunteer can go to town to do shopping, enjoy a lunch in a restaurant or do an excursion. DAKTARI also proposes extra-mural trips as visiting the famous Kruger National Park, the Blyde River Canyon etc.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18