We Make Change - Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas, and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can make change happen.
Job Title: Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Staff Management: None
Time Commitment 4-8 hours per week (plus any more time you are able to offer)
To provide timely and accurate bookkeeping for the organisation using Xero online
accounting software. Assisting the CFO with other financial tasks as directed.
- Day to day bookkeeping using Xero accounting software
- Obtaining and online filing of all financial documentation
- Recording invoices ensuring correct and consistent account coding
- Reconciliation of company bank account, matching and allocating
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assisting with amending and updating the chart of accounts as
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with accruals, prepayments and management accounts
- Adhoc financial reporting and analysis as instructed
- Recommend process and system improvements for the finance
- An organised and methodical approach to tasks
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- A willingness and eagerness to learn new accounting skills
- Experience with Xero Accounting Software (not essential)
Note:This job description is a general guide to the above role and is not indicative of all the activities and
functions of the jobholder which may vary from time to time according to the needs of the organisation
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Time Commitment 4-8 hours per week
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief People Officer
- University Ambassador for We...
- Graphic Designer - The Advocacy...
- UI/UX Designer
- Project Coordinator
- Scrum Master
- Web Developer - The Advocacy...
- Salesforce Administrator
- Bid Writer
- Cause Community Manager
- .NET Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Newsletter Coordinator
- HR Coordinator
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador