Community Outreach Intern - OC Animal Care
25 people are interested
OC Animal Care provides sheltering and animal services for 14 cities and the unincorporated areas of Orange County. The Community Outreach Team is responsible for managing more than 200 volunteers, hosting on-site promotions and adoption events and providing education and outreach for the community.
Duties include assisting staff with the following projects and assignments:
- Create and post information to OC Animal Care's website
- Process documents and help organize the center's volunteer and foster programs
- Help manage OC Animal Care's volunteer program social media accounts
- Help organize and manage public education activities
- Help with volunteer trainings and the day-to-day coordination of onsite volunteers
This internship is best suited for students or recent graduates with academic backgrounds in Animal Science, Biology, Public Relations, Communications, Education, Management or related fields.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Publisher, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of public relations concepts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience using social media platforms for marketing purposes
Minimum 12 - 15 hours per week for 3 or more months. Flexible schedules are available; however, Monday, Thursday and Friday shifts are desirable. Some Saturday and Sunday shifts may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Required Background Screening:
The background screening for this internship requires the applicant’s full legal name, date of birth, address and U.S. Social Security number. Turn-around time for the background screening is approximately 72 hours.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment or include employee benefits, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to handle and evaluate shelter animals and gain extensive experience in managing public programs and social media campaigns within a large government agency. In addition, the internship provides an opportunity to:
- Build resumes and explore career options
- Apply academic skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in Orange County
Please email resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to CountyofOrangeInterns@ocgov.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
1630 Victory RoadTustin, CA 92782
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 12 - 15 hours per week for 3 or more months
- college student or recent college graduate