13 people are interested
CREATE Arts Center, a nonprofit organization in downtown Silver Spring, is looking for an energetic self-starter with an interest in art, art therapy, and/or art education to join our Board of Directors.
Board members should be comfortable being engaged in a small nonprofit environment. We are particularly seeking individuals with the following skills and interests:
- Accounting and finance
- Legal, especially with nonprofits and human resources
- Local business and community leaders
- Corporate/nonprofit management
- Previous Board experience
The CREATE Board of Directors participate in organizational governance, financial oversight, and explores ways to expand the donor base and fundraising opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supports the fundraising efforts of the organization annually through personal or corporate financial contributions, or direct involvement in securing individual donations resulting in an annual financial commitment of $1,000;
- Visits an active CREATE program to become familiar with the structure and style of services delivered and the population served; and
- Makes every effort to attend all board and committee meetings (either in person or by conference call)
- Serves as an active member on at least one committee and actively participates in small projects as assigned
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, which is also where you can direct questions about CREATE, the Board, or the nominations process. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About CREATE Arts Center Inc.
914 Silver Spring Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, US
Our mission is to spark creativity, foster learning, empower individuals, and facilitate community connections through the visual arts.
CREATE Arts Center Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit visual arts organization that has provided high-quality art education, art therapy, and therapeutic arts experiences to individuals and families in Montgomery County and the greater Washington DC areas for over 30 years.
We'll work with your schedule.
914 Silver Spring AveSilver Spring, MD 20910
- Legal (General)
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 21
- 6-10 hours/month