11 people are interested
CREATE Arts Center, a nonprofit organization in downtown Silver Spring, is looking for an energetic self-starter with an interest in art, art therapy, and/or art education to join our Board of Directors.
Board members should be comfortable being engaged in a small nonprofit environment. We are particularly seeking individuals with the following skills and interests:
- Accounting and finance
- Legal, especially with nonprofits and human resources
- Local business and community leaders
- Corporate/nonprofit management
- Previous Board experience
The CREATE Board of Directors participate in organizational governance, financial oversight, and explores ways to expand the donor base and fundraising opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supports the fundraising efforts of the organization annually through personal or corporate financial contributions, or direct involvement in securing individual donations resulting in an annual financial commitment of $1,000;
- Visits an active CREATE program to become familiar with the structure and style of services delivered and the population served; and
- Makes every effort to attend all board and committee meetings (either in person or by conference call)
- Serves as an active member on at least one committee and actively participates in small projects as assigned
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is also where you can direct questions about CREATE, the Board, or the nominations process. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
914 Silver Spring AveSilver Spring, MD 20910
- Legal (General)
- Must be at least 21
- 10 hours/month